Saturday, December 26, 2009

Conclusion

My graphic design internship has officially come to an end! On December 21, 2009, I reported to the Empire State College print shop for what would be the last day. I spent the day editing the 2010 college phone directory. The highlight of the afternoon was coming across a guy in the listing with the last name of "Batman". If Mr. Batman sees this, I'm sorry. I know you have probably been bugged about it your whole life. However, I hope you at least have a t-shirt or a maybe even a tattoo acknowledging the fact that you are indeed Batman.

It was certainly an interesting fall semester. Not only was this internship considered a "practicum", but it was also intended to be a learning experience that counts as course credit. I would definitely say that it fulfilled these requirements and that I got a lot out of it. I learned a great deal about graphic design and the entire editing and printing processes. It was also my first time working in an office environment, so I learned all kinds of things about office flow and teamwork.

In addition, I established a couple of professional connections that may or may not lead to a job sometime in the future. I am not getting my hopes up due to how the economy is and such, but at least my name is out there a little bit more now. Nevertheless, the experiences I had were invaluable and have given me a new outlook on life after college.

I would definitely be excited about working in some kind of design or illustration office, especially with a team of like-minded individuals. I think it would be a huge outlet for creativity and a great source of inspiration, as well as a fun time. Now I just need to find one that would hire me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

i very much love your own writing choice, very helpful.
don't give up and keep penning because it simply just very well worth to look through it.
impatient to view additional of your current content articles, stunning day :)